EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Friday, January 26th:
- Chris Paul $9,300: 57.75 points
- Dennis Smith Jr. $6,100: 39 points
- Victor Oladipo $9,500: 44.50 points
- Jrue Holiday $6,900: 39.25 points
- LeBron James $11,100: 64 points
- Nicolas Batum $6,300: 38.50 points
- Anthony Davis $10,700: 59.25 points
- LaMarcus Aldridge $8,300: 23.25 points
- Marc Gasol $7,700: 57.50 points
- Jusuf Nurkic $6,500: 26.50 points
Top Plays for Tuesday, February 6th:
- Chris Paul $9,700 at Nets: The CP3 and James Harden experiment seems to be working very well as we approach the All-Star Break. I look for their excellent play to continue tonight in Brooklyn. Even the Rockets are currently favored by double digits, a blowout never concerns me when I roster Rockets players. When the Rockets blew out the Cavs in their previous game CP3 still got 27 minutes and smashed. Stack him with Capela in cash games and Ryan Anderson in tournaments.
- Josh Hart $4,700 vs. Suns: Hart has been great filling in for the injured Lonzo Ball. He is one of the few Lakers on coach Walton's good side as he has seen strong minutes as of late. This game features two of the fastest teams in the league in terms of pace, so we will want exposure to this game. Hart is safe in all formats for me on this slate.
- Honorable Mentions: Russell Westbrook $11,500 / Kyle Lowry $7,200 / Isaiah Thomas $6,200
- DeMar DeRozan $7,700 vs. Celtics: DeMar and Lowry are always so under priced on DraftKings! I guess the algorithms hate them or something, but I will look to take advantage of their pricing. This is a battle of two of the top teams in the Eastern Conference so I expect this game to stay close. The match up and recency bias should cause Derozan to go slightly overlooked and under owned on this slate. He is a strong tournament play tonight.
- Mario Hezonja $4,500 vs. Cavaliers: Super Mario had a great game last night and his price dropped $100! Since Aaron Gordon has already withdrawn from the NBA Dunk Contest due to his injury, I expect the Magic to hold him out at least until the All-Star Break. If Gordon is out again tonight, Mario is in a great spot to smash as the Magic get the pleasure of playing Cleveland. The Cavs have struggled defensively all year, so look to target them in all formats.
- Honorable Mentions: Bradley Beal $8,900 / Eric Gordon $6,000 / Dwyane Wade $5,000
- Paul George $7,900 at Warriors: Currently the Thunder/Warriors game has the highest projected point total on the slate, so we will want some exposure to this high-scoring game. PG is a way to get exposure to this game without using too much of your salary cap. He has the upside for tournaments and at this price he is safe for all formats.
- T.J. Warren $6,700 at Lakers: This one is an easy pick for me. No Booker and an elite match up with the Lakers. Warren is really the only Sun you can trust, so go ahead and lock him into your cash lineups and feel free to use him in tournaments. Excellent play in all formats tonight.
- Honorable Mentions: Kevin Durant $9,800 / Otto Porter Jr. $7,100 / Brandon Ingram $6,900
- Kristaps Porzingis $8,400 vs. Bucks: It has been tough to roster Porzingis lately, so this is a completely tournaments only play for me tonight. Tonight he gets a great match up with Bucks big men and its tough to find someone with his upside at this price point. On paper this is a smash spot for Porzingis, but there is definitely some risk with this play.
- Ryan Anderson $4,700 at Nets: We all know that Road Ryno shoots better on the road, so why not use him in tournaments tonight? The Nets will be without RHJ and Anderson is coming off a great game against the Cavs. We all know shooters like Anderson are streaky so I look for him to continue his hot shooting in a great match up with the Nets. Make sure you stack him with CP3 or Harden if you roster Anderson on this slate.
- Honorable Mentions: Draymond Green $7,400 / Julius Randle $6,800 / Jarrett Allen $5,300
- Joel Embiid $9,500 vs. Wizards: The Process gets a juicy match up with Marcin Gortat and the Wizards tonight. This is the second game of a back to back for the Wizards so look for the 76ers to feed the ball inside to Embiid and wear down the Wizards tonight. Gortat is one of my favorite centers to attack. Feel free to correlate and use some Simmons/Embiid in tournaments.
- Steven Adams $6,800 at Warriors: As I mentioned earlier with PG, if you want cheaper exposure to this game I am a big fan of Adams tonight as well. The Warriors struggle with traditional centers and Adams and one of the best in the game. He should dominate the glass tonight. Adams is safe in all formats for me on tonight's slate.
- Honorable Mentions: Clint Capela $7,500 / Enes Kanter $7,300 / Brook Lopez $5,100
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350