EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Friday, January 5th:
- Tyreke Evans $8,000: 44.75 points
- Kyle Lowry $7,300: 34 points
- Devin Booker $7,600: 33.75 points
- Tyler Johnson $5,200: 35.50 points
- Robert Covington $5,600: 20.25 points
- Denzel Valentine $4,500: 15.75 points
- T.J. Warren $6,100: DNP
- Serge Ibaka $5,500: 28.75 points
- Dwight Howard $8,400: 33.50 points
- Yusuf Nurkic $7,300: 28.25 points
Top Plays for Monday, January 8th:
- Kyle Lowry $7,600 at Nets: Lowry and the Raptors get a juicy match up with the Brooklyn Nets tonight. We can attack the Nets at every position and Lowry is poised to have a big game. He's my favorite Raptor to roster on this slate because of his price. He has room for upside and has a relatively high floor. Lowry is safe in all formats on tonight's slate.
- Kris Dunn $6,800 vs. Rockets: CP3 defense no longer worries me, especially since Paul has to carry the load on the offensive side of the court for Houston. Dunn is in an excellent spot playing up in pace against the Rockets at home. He has flashed his upside at points this season and he should have a big game because this game should stay close. The Rockets have been struggling without James Harden so all the Bulls will be in consideration for today.
Honorable Mentions: Stephen Curry $10,500 / Eric Bledsoe $7,200 / Dwight Buycks $3,000
- Lou Williams $7,900 vs. Hawks: With all the recent injuries to the Clippers, Lou Will is the only offensive threat for Los Angeles. I love to attack the Hawks at every position and Lou will not be afraid to shoot the ball tonight. He might even take 30 shots, it wouldn't surprise me. Sweet Lou is a strong tournament play on this slate.
- Will Barton $5,700 at Warriors: Barton is always a solid tournament play on most nights, but on today's slate I think he's an excellent play because the pace of this game suits his playing-style very well. The Nuggets will be playing way up in pace and Barton's minutes off the bench have been consistent. Barton has 50 DK point upside and is priced under the $6k mark.
Honorable Mentions: Victor Oladipo $8,600 / Jimmy Butler $8,400 / Caris LeVert $5,200
- Giannis Antetokounmpo $10,900 at Pacers: The Greek Freak is one of my favorite stars to pay up for on this slate. The Bucks are playing up in pace against a Pacers team that we can attack everywhere except shooting guard. Not many players in the league can match up with the length and athleticism Giannis brings to the court night in and night out. This is a great spot for Giannis to score close to or outscore LeBron, in terms of fantasy production.
- Andrew Wiggins $6,000 vs. Cavaliers: With the injury to Jeff Teague, Andrew Wiggins has finally woke up and produced lately. The usage bump has benefited him and he has a great match up with the Cavs tonight. The Cavs struggle to defend opposing small forward's and the Timberwolves will need Wiggins to score to keep the game close. Excellent tournament play.
Honorable Mentions: LeBron James $11,500 / Taurean Prince $5,600 / Denzel Valentine $4,600
- Anthony Davis $9,700 vs. Pistons: It's always tough to trust the Tinman, but at this price it is hard to pass up on him. The Pistons struggle to defend opposing big men and if Andre Drummond is out it will be a really juicy match up for both Davis and Cousins. The Pistons are coming off a huge win against the Rockets, so this game should stay close for the Brow to smash.
- Lauri Markkanen $5,900 vs. Rockets: Lauri is finally starting to see consistent minutes for the Bulls and I think he is a strong tournament play for this slate. As I mentioned with Dunn, I am a big fan of Chicago Bulls players on this slate because of the juicy match up Houston. Markkanen's three ball has been falling lately and we value three point shooters a lot on DraftKings with the three point bonus.
Honorable Mentions: Tobias Harris $6,500 / Thaddeus Young $4,900 / Jordan Bell $4,400
- Karl-Anthony Towns $9,200 vs. Cavaliers: Towns has been excellent lately and his great play should continue tonight against the Cavs. The Cavs struggle to defend opposing centers and Kevin Love will not be able to check Towns. The only way Towns doesn't smash is if Jimmy Butler decides to take all the shots.
- Clint Capela $6,600 at Bulls: Capela is my favorite sneaky tournament play on tonight's slate. He is priced down because of his lack of consistent big minutes, but he should dominate Robin Lopez tonight. Lopez is not athletic enough to defend the Paul/Capela pick and roll. Look for Capela to lead the Rockets in rebounds and have his fair share of easy looks at the rim tonight.
Honorable Mentions: Nikola Jokic $8,100 / DeAndre Jordan $7,800 / Domantas Sabonis $5,300
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350