EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Tuesday, January 2nd:
- Tyreke Evans $8,200: 37.75 points
- George Hill $4,600: 16.75 points
- CJ McCollum $7,300: 31.25 points
- Kent Bazemore $6,000: 37.25 points
- LeBron James $11,700: 52 points
- Evan Turner $3,800: 31.50 points
- Blake Griffin $8,400: 40 points
- John Collins $4,900:21.25 points
- Marc Gasol $8,000: 25.75 points
- Dwight Howard $7,400: 34 points
Top Plays for Wednesday, January 3rd:
- Chris Paul $9,600 at Magic: With the recent injury to James Harden's hamstring, Chris Paul will need to step up his game to keep the Rockets near the top of the Western conference. He should be a popular play tonight, but he is well worth the roster. Paul gets the pleasure of going up against Elfrid Payton defense and we love to attack Elf's defense.
- Eric Bledsoe $7,200 vs. Pacers: Opposing teams have been double and triple teaming Giannis and forcing others to beat them lately. Bledose has been the prime beneficiary of the extra usage and room to operate. His steals have been up and he has been locked into heavy minutes. We love to attack Pacers guards, especially without Victor Oladipo active.
- Honorable Mentions: Russell Westbrook $11,700 / Kyrie Irving $8,500 / Dennis Smith Jr. $5,600
- Jimmy Butler $8,600 at Nets: Jimmy Buckets has been great lately and he gets a juicy match up playing up in pace against the Brooklyn Nets. Butler leads his team in usage and we love to attack the Nets at every position. Vegas only has Minnesota favored by 6 points so hopefully this game stays close enough for Butler to smash.
- Donovan Mitchell $7,300 vs. Pelicans: One of favorite rookies to watch this season gets a tasty match up with the Pelicans guards. I have attacked Pelicans guards all season and I won't stop tonight. The Jazz are playing way up in pace and Mitchell isn't afraid of the big moment. Fire him up with confidence in tournaments.
- Honorable Mentions: Bradley Beal $7,700 / Jaylen Brown $5,300 / Gerald Green $4,100
- LeBron James $11,300 at Celtics: LeBron was a slight let down last night, but if a player I roster has a floor of 50 DK points then I will happily take it. His price dropped and he gets a rematch with his buddy Kyrie. LeBron should be motivated and I don't care that the Celtics have athletic bodies to throw at him, he's The King and he's match up proof.
- Paul George $7,600 at Lakers: PG gets an elite match up against the Lakers tonight in Los Angeles. We all know the rumors and PG allegedly wants to play for the Lakers next season, so this is his time to show out in front of the fans at Staples. I am a fan of his price and the pace and match up make him a strong tournament play on this slate.
- Honorable Mentions: Kevin Durant $9,700 / Andrew Wiggins $6,100 / Thabo Sefolosha $3,900
- LaMarcus Aldridge $7,600 at 76ers: Aldridge has been a cash game staple for most of this season, but at his price and with the match up with the 76ers, I think he has upside for tournaments. The Spurs are resting Leonard because of a back to back and Joel Embiid has already been ruled out for Philly. Aldridge will continue to lead the Spurs in usage and the pace of this pace should allow him to smash value tonight.
- Trey Lyles $5,100 vs. Suns: Lyles has been great lately and I look for his strong play to continue against the Suns. This game should be a blowout and that just means more playing time for Lyles. His three-point shoot has been solid and on DK we get the three-point bonus so because of pace, price and match up I think Lyles is a strong tournament play on this slate.
- Honorable Mentions: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson $6,500 / Serge Ibaka $5,300 / Ryan Anderson $4,600
- Andre Drummond $9,100 at Heat: Drummond has been playing well lately and his solid play should continue tonight against Whiteside defense. This is a fair price-tag for someone that has a high floor because of his ability to block shots and rebound. This game currently has a low projected over/under of 196, so Drummond's ownership should be lower than usual, as the total point projection may cause others to overlook this game.
- Derrick Favors $6,000 vs. Pelicans: I love Favors in a paced up match up against Pelicans bigs. Favors is the only legit post player on the Jazz so they will rely on him to try and contain the star front-court of New Orleans. I like to attack Davis and Cousins and at this price I would say that Favors is safe in all formats on this slate.
- Honorable Mentions: Karl-Anthony Towns $9,400 / Hassan Whiteside $6,600 / Greg Monroe $4,500
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350