EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Friday, December 29th:
- Russell Westbrook $11,500: 73 points
- Kris Dunn $7,400: DNP
- DeMar DeRozan $8,000: 37.75 points
- Lance Stephenson $5,600: 33.75 points
- Kevin Durant $10,600: 41.50 points
- Brandon Ingram $6,600: 26.75 points
- Anthony Davis $10,800: 46.25 points
- Thaddeus Young $5,500: 28.25 points
- DeAndre Jordan $8,100: 37 points
- Dwight Howard $7,400: 59.25 points
Top Plays for Tuesday, January 2nd:
- Tyreke Evans $8,200 at Clippers: Tyreke has been Mr. Consistent lately and I look for his strong play to continue tonight as the Grizzles visit the Clippers in Staples Center. The Clippers will be playing way up in pace and have struggled to defend anyone with much success as of late. Evans is the lead play maker the Grizz and is safe in all formats on tonight's slate.
- George Hill $4,600 vs. Hornets: Hill's minutes have finally been more consistent lately. Frank Mason has already been ruled out for tonight's game and there is a chance Fox misses this game as well. Even if Fox plays tonight, I still think Hill is a strong value play on this slate. The Kings are playing up in pace against a Hornets team that struggles to defend opposing point guards. His price point leaves room for tournament upside as well.
- Honorable Mentions: Dennis Schroder $7,300 / Tony Parker $4,100
- CJ McCollum $7,300 at Cavaliers: CJ has been tough to trust all season, but recently he has been playing much better. Damian Lillard's return will definitely lower CJ's usage, but he still has an elite match up against the Cavs. The Cavaliers have struggled to defend opposing shooting guards and I love to attack J.R. Smith defense.
- Kent Bazemore $6,000 at Suns: Baze has always had a relatively safe floor because he produces fantasy-points without having to be scoring dependent. Baze fills up the stat sheet and tonight's game playing up in pace against the Suns will bode well for his play style. He will have his hands full trying to contain Devin Booker on the perimeter, but that should mean he should be locked into big minutes.
- Honorable Mentions: Devin Booker $9,100 / Lou Williams $7,500 / Marco Belinelli $3,800
- LeBron James $11,700 vs. Trail Blazers: Not much needs to be said here. He's The King and he's the most expensive guy on the slate. Tough to fade him on a 5-game slate.
- Evan Turner $3,800 at Cavaliers: Turner will probably be a popular value play on tonight's slate, but he should be in for huge minutes as the primary defender on LeBron. Turner is coming off a great performance last night and will look to continue his solid play tonight. Dame's return will lower his usage a bit, but you don't roster Turner for his scoring anyways. Safe value play for all formats tonight against the Cavs.
- Honorable Mentions: Taurean Prince $5,500 / Buddy Hield $4,500
- Blake Griffin $8,400 vs. Grizzles: Blake seems fully recovered from his recent injury and will look to continue his great play against the Grizzles. The Grizzles struggle to defend opposing power forwards so this is a great spot for Blake. He is too under priced, so I will continue to buy low on Griffin.
- John Collins $4,900 at Suns: Collins has been a point for minute monster this year and his minutes have finally been consistent lately. I like him tonight in this match up playing up in pace against the Suns in Phoenix. Priced at the $4.9k mark he has room for upside. Look for Collins to have a solid outing tonight against the Suns.
- Honorable Mentions: Ersan Ilyasova $5,100 / Marquese Chriss $4,600 / Al-Farouq Aminu $4,500
- Marc Gasol $8,000 at Clippers: Both Gasol and Evans are under priced for their tasty match up with the Clippers. Jordan has struggled all season defending opposing centers and will have trouble containing Gasol out on the perimeter. It has been a roller coaster type of season with Gasol, but I trust him tonight in Los Angeles.
- Dwight Howard $7,400 at Kings: Tonight, Dwight has the pleasure of going up against the Kings. I love to attack the Kings at the center position and Howard has had a great year so far. Look for his strong play to continue in an elite match up against Sacramento.
- Honorable Mentions: Jusuf Nurkic $7,000 / Willie Cauley-Stein $6,500
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350