EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Friday, January 12th:
- Chris Paul $10,600: 49 points
- Damian Lillard $8,600: 43.50 points
- Victor Oladipo $9,000: 28.75 points
- Bradley Beal $8,000: 46.25 points
- Giannis Antetokounmpo $10,500: 38.25 points
- T.J. Warren $6,200: 29.75 points
- Michael Beasley $5,900: 20.75 points
- Dragan Bender $4,300: 32.50 points
- Kevin Love $7,900: 42.50 points
- Jusuf Nurkic $6,400: 34.75 points
Top Plays for Wednesday, January 17th:
- Dennis Schroder $7,500 vs. Pelicans: Schroder gets a very tasty match up against a Pelicans team that is playing its 3rd game in 4 nights. The Pelicans also happen to give up the most fantasy points to opposing point guards. Schroder is an excellent tournament play on this slate.
- Jamal Murray $5,700 at Clippers: Murray is one of my favorite plays on this slate because recency bias should drive his ownership way lower than it should be. A lot of people lost big money because Murray killed them last night but I fully expect Murray to bounce back against the Clippers. The Clippers struggle to defend virtually every position and Murray has the ability to hot at any time.
- Honorable Mentions: Stephen Curry $10,400 / Kris Dunn $7,100 / Spencer Dinwiddie $6,500
- Jrue Holiday $6,700 at Hawks: I hope the fact that the Pelicans will be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights drives ownership down. I know it is risky, but this is too good a match up to pass up. I love to attack the Hawks at every position and at this price point, Jrue doesn't need to do much to smash value.
- Will Barton $5,500 at Clippers: Initially, I was only going to list Murray as my favorite play from the Nuggets. Then I took a look at Barton's price and I had to recommend him as a top tournament play. He is simply too cheap and his minutes have been great. At this price and with the match up against the Clippers, I might have to say Barton is safe in all formats on tonight'sslate.
- Honorable Mentions: Lou Williams $8,700 / Tim Hardaway Jr. $5,900 / Zach LaVine $5,100
- Kawhi Leonard $8,700 at Nets: For the first time in a while, Kawhi Leonard isn't listed on the Spurs injury report. It is always risky to trust Pop, but if Kawhi see's anywhere from 27-32 minutes against the Brooklyn Nets he should smash. Hopefully we get a better idea of his minutes prior to lineup lock.
- Justin Holiday $5,200 vs. Warriors: The Bulls are playing up in pace at home in a game with the highest over/under at 230. We will need exposure to this game and Justin Holiday is one of my favorite Bulls to roster because of his price. He is another player I want to buy low on and his price point will provide some much-needed cap relief while constructing your rosters tonight.
- Honorable Mentions: Kevin Durant $10,600 / Tyrone Wallace $4,600 / Wilson Chandler $4,100
- Blake Griffin $9,000 vs. Nuggets: Blake is in a great spot playing at home in a game with one of the highest over/unders of the night at 221. The Nuggets have playing small lately, so that should give Blake a huge size-advantage in the post.
- Kristaps Porzingis $8,000 at Grizzles: Marc Gasol has a strong chance of missing this game and if he is to miss tonight's contest, that would make Porzginis a very interesting tournament play on this slate. He is still cheap and has massive upside. Look for his improved play on the offensive end to continue tonight in Memphis.
- Honorable Mentions: Anthony Davis $10,500 / Lauri Markkanen $6,300 / Zach Randolph $5,400
- DeMarcus Cousins $10,800 at Hawks: I love to attack Hawks big men and I will not hesitate to plug Cousins into my tournament lineups. Anthony Davis is coming off two monster games so ownership on Cousins should be lower than it should be in an elite match up against Atlanta.
- Steven Adams $6,500 vs. Lakers: At this price, playing at home against the Lakers Adams is essentially safe in all formats for tonight's slate. Brook Lopez is allergic to rebounding so look for Adams to dominate the glass. He's let us down in some juicy spots before, but the match up is too good to pass up.
- Honorable Mentions: Nikola Jokic $8,900 / Dewayne Dedmon $5,000 / Montrezl Harrell $4,500
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350