EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Wednesday, January 10th:
- Tyreke Evans $8,300: 42.50 points
- Eric Bledsoe $7,000: 32.75 points
- C.J. McCollum $7,800: 41.50 points
- Jrue Holiday $6,900: 34 points
- Josh Richardson $6,300: 26.25 points
- Al-Farouq Aminu $4,500: 10.25 points
- Kristaps Porzingis $8,300: 39.50 points
- Aaron Gordon $8,000: 17 points
- Andre Drummond $8,700: 62 points
- Nikola Jokic $8,600: 43.50 points
Top Plays for Friday, January 12:
- Chris Paul $10,600 at Suns: Not much needs to be said about CP3 lately, just get him into your lineups in a juicy match up against the Suns in Phoenix. Without James Harden the Rockets have been keeping games much closer so hopefully there isn't a blowout in this game. Paul and Eric Gordon have been leading the team in usage lately and I expect more of the same tonight against the Suns. CP3 is safe in all formats on tonight's slate
- Damian Lillard $8,600 at Pelicans: Dame was great in the Blazers previous game against the Houston Rockets. I look for his strong play to continue tonightin New Orleans. This is an elite spot because I love to attack Pelicans guards and the Blazers will be playing up in pace. Dame is a great tournament pivot off of CP3 and it provides you with cap relief to spend up at other positions.
- Honorable Mentions: John Wall $9,400 / Tyreke Evans $8,300 / Darren Collison $4,900
- Victor Oladipo $9,000 vs. Cavaliers: Oladipo gets a really tasty match up against the Cavs tonight at home. He is priced very fairly considering the fact that Myles Turner is out, so Victor should absorb even more usage. He has shown us his massive upside before and I would not be shocked if he smashes against the Cavs. Cleveland struggles mightily to defend opposing shooting guards and pretty much every other position. The Cavs are ranked second to last in the league when it comes to defense so feel free to fire up some Pacers.
- Bradley Beal $8,000 vs Magic: This is a night where the John Wall/Bradley Beal stack could be glorious. Washington will be playing up in pace against an Orlando team that we like to attack at virtually every position. We specifically love to attack Orlando guards, so this is a great spot for Beal in tournaments.
- Honorable Mentions: Devin Booker $8,200 / Eric Gordon $7,400 / Gary Harris $5,800
- Giannis Antetokounmpo $10,500 vs. Warriors: If you're going to pay up for a star on tonight's slate, I prefer the Giannis pivot off of LeBron James. You save $1,000 of cap room and the Bucks are playing way up in pace. The Greek Freak should be motivated tonight, especially since he got passed up by The King in all star votes. The Bucks are playing way up in pace and with Giannis' length he is essentially match up proof. Look for him to come out strong right from tip-off.
- T.J. Warren $6,200 vs. Rockets: Warren is simply too cheap in a juicy match up with Houston at home. The Rockets don't play much defense and this game should stay close. Without Chriss, more rebounds should be available for Warren to grab. I think he is a very safe play in all formats, with upside tonight.
- Honorable Mentions: LeBron James $11,500 / Otto Porter Jr. $6,000 / Trevor Ariza $4,900
- Michael Beasley $5,900 at Timberwolves: It's tough to argue with the results, Michael Beasley has been excellent as of late! He's my favorite Knicks big man to roster if you want to attack Minnesota bigs tonight. Even though, Minnesota has been much improved on the defensive side of the ball they don't have anyone that matches up well with Beasley. The offense runs through Beasley late in the game, so he's a strong tournament play.
- Dragan Bender $4,300 vs. Rockets: Bender has already been listed as the starter for tonight's game with Houston and he should be locked and loaded into your cash/single-entry lineups. This is an elite spot against Houston and he should probably see some tasty Ryan Anderson defense to start the game. At this price, Bender is a great play in all formats on tonight's slate.
- Honorable Mentions: Aaron Gordon $7,700 / Ersan Ilyasova $5,700 / Ryan Anderson $4,600
- Kevin Love $7,900 at Pacers: This is the perfect spot for Kevin Love to bounce back. We love to attack the Pacers at the center position and the Cavs desperately need a win. Recency bias should drive ownership down, but he didn't play much in the blowout last night so he should be fresh. Love is an excellent tournament play in a great match up.
- Jusuf Nurkic $6,400 at Pelicans: Nurkic is one of my favorite tournament plays on this slate because of his upside. This is a great price point for him and I like the match up with AD and Boogie because you can attack them. If Nurkic can stay out of foul trouble and play big minutes, he should smash on tonight's slate. Tough to trust in cash games, but he's an excellent tournament play.
- Honorable Mentions: Dwight Howard $7,300 / Clint Capela $7,100 / Domantas Sabonis $6,400
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350