EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Monday, January 8th:
- Kyle Lowry $7,600: 43.75 points
- Kris Dunn $6,800: 44 points
- Lou Williams $7,900: 42.75 points
- Will Barton $5,700: 10 points
- Giannis Antetokounmpo $10,900: 34.25 points
- Andrew Wiggins $6,000: 35 points
- Anthony Davis $9,700: 48 points
- Lauri Markkanen $5,900: 31.50 points
- Karl-Anthony Towns $9,200:43 points
- Clint Capela $6,600: 44 points
Top Plays for Wednesday, January 10th:
- Tyreke Evans $8,300 vs. Pelicans: Tyreke has been one of my favorite players to roster lately. He has been so consistent for the Grizzles since Mike Conley went down with an injury. A Conley return should come soon, so we should take advantage of buying in on Evans while he still has the opportunity. I love attacking Pelicans guards, so this is an ideal spot for Evans to come through. He's safe in all formats on this slate.
- Eric Bledsoe $7,000 vs. Magic: Bledsoe gets a juicy match up against Elfrid Payton defense tonight. The Bucks will be playing up in pace and this game has one of the highest over/unders of the night at 217.5. Bledsoe is an excellent tournament play on this slate, as he is a bit under priced for me.
Honorable Mentions: John Wall $8,500 / Spencer Dinwiddie $6,700 / Dennis Smith Jr. $6,100
- C.J. McCollum $7,800 at Rockets: I think McCollum is a strong play in all formats even if Dame Lillard plays tonight. The Rockets are struggling on the defensive side of the ball and at this price-point C.J. has a high floor.
- Jrue Holiday $6,900 at Grizzles: I love Jrue in tournaments tonight, especially if Anthony Davis is out as we expect. He will likely get overlooked because none of his recent performances have been stellar and its a match up with Memphis. But nonetheless, I am a big fan of Jrue because he absorbs a lot of usage when Davis sits. He is a sneaky pivot off of Cousins if Davis is out.
Honorable Mentions: Bradley Beal $7,900 / Eric Gordon $7,200 / Caris LeVert $5,400
- Josh Richardson $6,300 at Pacers: I know, I know. Josh Richardson has been pretty average lately and Gordan Dragic has been the star. If Tyler Johnson misses tonight's game Dragic should be a popular play. While I believe Dragic is a fine play on tonight's slate, I think the better play is Richardson. If Dragic gets it going like he did last night, Oladipo will easily slide over to check Dragic. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see some Oladipo on Dragic to start the game.
- Al-Farouq Aminu $4,500 at Rockets: I don't typically like to play Aminu in tournaments, but at this price it is hard to pass him up. Add the fact that they play Houston and you have yourself a solid value play that provides you with cap relief. The tempo of this game suits Aminu's game very well as he will be flying all over the court filling up the stat sheet.
Honorable Mentions: Paul George $7,600 / Will Barton $5,600 / E'Twaun Moore $4,600
- Kristaps Porzingis $8,300 vs. Bulls: This price is so appealing for Porzingis! If Michael Beasley misses this game, I think Porzingis is an excellent tournament play. There is always risk because if his shot isn't falling his effort starts to go away, but I like this match up with Chicago as they struggle to defend all positions. It is rare to find a player with huge upside at this price.
- Aaron Gordon $8,000 at Bucks: Aaron Gordon disappointed owners last night as it was ruled after lineup lock that he violated team rules and would come off the bench. He still played his usual minutes and didn't kill your lineup, but I have a feeling a lot of people have a bit of a sour taste in their mouth after the late news.If you want to fade him, I don't blame you but don't sleep on the juicy match up with Bucks bigs and his price dropped significantly from last night.
Honorable Mentions: Giannis Antetokounmpo $10,700 / Frank Kaminsky $4,400 / Bam Adebayo $3,800
- Andre Drummond $8,700 at Nets: I have a feeling Sleepy Drummond might get slept on for tonight's slate. He's been really steady lately and his price dipped below the $9k mark. If people spend up at center, they most likely spend up for Cousins so I can definitely see Drummond getting overlooked. You can attack the Nets at every position and the pace of this game should lead to more easy rebounds for Drummond.
- Nikola Jokic $8,600 vs. Hawks: Jokic is still under priced and I will continue to buy low on him until his price sky rockets to over $10k. He has massive upside and gets a very juicy match up against the weak Hawks big men. It will be tough to pick between Drummond and Jokic tonight, thankfully on DraftKings we can play both!
Honorable Mentions: DeMarcus Cousins $11,000 / Hassan Whiteside $6,800 / Domantas Sabonis $6,400
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350