EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Tuesday, December 5th:
- Kyle Lowry $8,700: 48.50 points
- Tim Frazier $3,900: 21.75 points
- Bradley Beal $7,600: 59.25 points
- C.J. McCollum $7,000: 28 points
- T.J. Warren $6,400: 10.75 points
- Al-Farouq Aminu $4,200: 27 points
- Carmelo Anthony $6,500: 31.50 points
- Serge Ibaka $5,000: 37 points
- Greg Monroe $4,500: 34 points
- Jakob Poeltl $3,400: 21.25 points
Top Plays for Wednesday, December 6th:
- Dennis Schroder $8,200: As of now, Vegas projects this to be one of the highest-scoring games on tonight's slate. I will want exposure to this game and on the Hawks side Schroder is the play for me. He leads the team in usage rate and gets the pleasure of going up against Eflrid Payton defense. The Magic give up the most fantasy points to the point guard position, so Schroder is in an elite spot tonight for tournaments.
- Jamal Murray $5,100: Murray is always hard to trust, but I am a huge fan of the Blue Arrow at this price. He gets an up in pace match up against a Pelicans team that struggles to defend opposing point guards. Murray offers tremendous upside at this price, if gets hot from three he has 50 DK points upside. Murray is a strong tournament play with upside in a great match up.
- Lou Williams $7,100: Even with the expected return of Danilo Gallinari, I expect Lou Williams' usage rate to stay around the same level. The Clippers have moved him back to the bench and it has benefited Sweet Lou. Williams and Austin Rivers are currently the only legitimate offense threats for the Clippers and they get a tasty match up with the Timberwolves. These two teams also just played and Lou played very well, I expect the success to continue tonight.
- Jrue Holiday $6,600: Attacking Denver guards has continued to make me money this season so no reason to change my plan of attack now. Holiday has been good lately and with the absence of Anthony Davis he has even received a slight usage bump. I like both him and Rondo tonight, I just like the upside potential for Holiday more for tournaments.
- Kevin Durant $10,100: KD will be a popular play tonight with the absence of star point guard, Steph Curry. KD has let us down for the majority of this young NBA season, but his usage rate increase when Curry is out is too hard to pass up tonight. The Hornets also struggle to defend the small forward position. KD has also increased his effort on the defensive end this season and is pretty much a lock for a block or two to help fill the stat sheet. Elite tournament play tonight.
- Nicolas Batum $5,700: What happened to the Nic Batum of previous seasons that was priced over $7k? I think the problem this season is his lingering elbow injury, but if he is healthy enough to play and play over 30 minutes a game then I will have to consider him for my lineups tonight. The Cavs struggle to defend most positions and Batum should be the primary defender on LeBron. Batum has flashed his upside before, so I will buy low on him tonight before his price gets rises too much.
- Aaron Gordon $8,100: Aaron Gordon has shown us all season that he has tremendous fantasy upside. The Atlanta Hawks big men are decimated with injury, so the likes of Ersan Illyasova and Luke Babbitt will have to try and lock up Gordon. This is an excellent spot for Gordon to feast and out of all the teams playing on tonight's slate, the Hawks give up the most points to the power forward position.
- Lauri Markkanen $5,800: Call me crazy, but I will continue to roster Lauri Markkanen because he is not afraid to keep shooting. Tonight, he gets a great match up against Pacers big men and the Bulls will be playing way up in pace. Markkanen has also been locked into major minutes for the Bulls, so even if this turns into a blowout win for the Pacers, I feel good about Markkanen getting the appropriate minutes.
- DeMarcus Cousins $11,300: Not much needs to be said about why Boogie is being recommended as a top play tonight. As long as Anthony Davis is out, Cousins will be an elite play. He is match up proof and his usage rate is through the roof. He's priced up, so Cousins has no room for error if we roster him. He needs to stay out of foul trouble for us tonight. Elite tournament play.
- Al Horford $7,400: Horford has been rock solid all season and I expect his success to continue tonight against Dallas. Horford is usually a great cash game play, but tonight he is in play for tournaments for me. The Dallas/Boston game has a low projected over/under at 202 so I expect that to drive Horford's ownership down. The Mavs also struggle to defend the Center position so there is room for upside at this price for Horford.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350