EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Thursday, December 28th:
- Damian Lillard $8,400: DNP
- Ish Smith $4,900: 37.75 points
- Jimmy Butler $7,700: 39.25 points
- Courtney Lee $4,900: 24 points
- Giannis Antetokounmpo $10,900: 38.50 points
- Jayson Tatum $5,500: 32.75 points
- Kristaps Porzingis $7,900: 40.25 points
- Tobias Harris $6,600: 29.75 points
- Karl-Anthony Towns $8,900: 39.25 points
- Al Horford $7,100: 26 points
Top Plays for Friday, December 29th:
- Russell Westbrook $11,500 vs. Bucks: Russ has been super consistent lately and the Thunder are starting to look like the team we expected at the start of the season, so I want to ride out this hot streak while I still can. Normally, the Bucks are a tough team to attack on the perimeter but with the arrival of point guard Eric Bledsoe, point guard has become a position to attack on the Bucks. Russ is safe in all formats tonight.
- Kris Dunn $7,400 vs. Pacers: Dunn has been sneaky good lately and now he gets a juicy match up against the Victor Oladipo-less Pacers. These teams play at a relatively fast pace, so I expect points to be scored in this game. Dunn is a solid tournament play on this slate.
- Honorable Mentions: John Wall $8,600 / Austin Rivers $6,500 / Jordan Clarkson $6,400 / Cory Joseph $3,800
- DeMar DeRozan $8,000 vs. Hawks: When I initially started doing research for today's slate, DeMar's price instantly caught my eye. I know he's had a few bad games lately, but $8k is very cheap for me! DeRozan still leads his team in usage rate and gets a tasty match up against the Hawks at home. Recency bias should drive ownership down. Look for DeMar to bounce back in a big way at home tonight.
- Lance Stephenson $5,600 at Bulls: Lance had a monstrous game in the Pacers previous outing, taking advantage of his spot-start for the injured Victor Oladipo. Stephenson has been solid off the bench for Indiana so it did not surprise me that when given the opportunity, he shined. Lance gets another great match up playing slightly up in pace against the Bulls. Darren Collison isn't really the point guard for this team, Lance runs the offense. Look for his stellar all-around play to continue tonight in Chicago.
- Honorable Mentions: James Harden $11,600 / Bradley Beal $7,200 / Milos Teodosic $5,000
- Kevin Durant $10,600 vs. Hornets: KD has one mediocre game and his price drops? Sign me up! Durant has a great individual match up because the Hornets struggle to defend opposing small forwards, plus Durant is match up proof anyways. This is probably last game without Steph, so look for Durant to have a monster bounce back game tonight. Hopefully ownership stays lower than usual because of recency bias.
- Brandon Ingram $6,600 vs. Clippers: Lonzo Ball is already listed as out and Kyle Kuzma is currently listed as questionable for tonight's game against the Clippers. I already think Ingram is a solid play because his minutes are back to where they normally are and he has been playing well. The Clippers are also struggling to defend anyone, so this is another smash spot for Ingram. If we miraculously get Kuzma news before lock and he is out, lock and load Ingram in your lineups.
- Honorable Mentions: Josh Richardson $7,100 / Otto Porter Jr. $6,200 / Denzel Valentine $4,500
- Anthony Davis $10,800 vs. Mavericks: AD gets a very tasty match up going up against the Dallas Mavericks big men. We have been able to attack Dallas bigs all season and I expect continued success for both Davis and Cousins tonight in New Orleans. Davis is coming off a huge game, so he might be a popular play tonight. There is always injury-risk when rostering him, but the reward is well worth the risk to me on this slate.
- Thaddeus Young $5,500 at Bulls: Thad is one of my favorite sneaky-ninja plays on this slate. Lance Stephenson is on everyone radar because of his huge game, so Thad is a sneaky pivot off of Lance. Without Oladipo, more usage is up for grabs and Young has one of the best individual match ups for Indiana. The Bulls struggle to defend opposing power forwards and Young's three point shooting has been solid this year.
- Honorable Mentions: Draymond Green $7,900 / Serge Ibaka $5,600 / Ersan Ilyasova $5,000
- DeAndre Jordan $8,100 at Lakers: DeAndre is in an elite spot playing way up in pace against a Lakers team that struggles to contain opposing centers. Blake Griffin's potential return only helps Jordan because it will open up more space in the paint and he has more chances for easy finishes near the rim due to Griffin's play making abilities from the high-post. Jordan is a strong tournament play tonight.
- Dwight Howard $7,400 at Warriors: Dwight has had a solid start to the season and I look for his great play to continue tonight against the Warriors. The Hornets will be playing slightly up in pace and the Warriors have struggled in the past against centers that play like Dwight. Howard is safe for all formats to me tonight.
- Honorable Mentions: DeMarcus Cousins $11,100 / Myles Turner $6,800 / Robin Lopez $4,800
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350