Easy Money With Esmond
Results from Friday, December 22nd:
- James Harden $11,500: 73 points
- Elfrid Payton $5,600: 31.25 points
- Lou Williams $7,200: 54 points
- CJ McCollum $7,000: 22.75 points
- Kevin Durant $11,600: 65.25 points
- Brandon Ingram $6,800: 21.25 points
- Anthony Davis $10,500: 39.25 points
- Kelly Olynyk $5,600: 23.50 points
- Nikola Jokic $7,400: 50.25 points
- Jusuf Nurkic $6,400: 9.25 points
Top Plays for Tuesday, December 26th:
- Tyreke Evans $8,600 at Suns: Evans has been playing great lately and I look for his success to continue tonight in an elite match up with the Phoenix Suns. Since he has taken over as starting point guard Tyreke has showcased his great play making and shot making abilities. Elite spot in tournaments tonight.
- Austin Rivers $6,600 vs. Kings: With all the injuries on the Clippers, Rivers is still one of the main sources of offense for this struggling team. Luckily, the Clippers get a great match up with a team doing just as bad, if not worse than them. While Austin is priced up, there is still room for upside at this price. Safe in all formats on tonight's slate.
- Donovan Mitchell $7,300 at Nuggets: Here we go again, the Jazz are once again Gobert-less and that means good things for the talented rookie. The Jazz will play at a faster pace and Mitchell will lead the offense. He gets an elite match up playing way up in pace against Denver guards.
- Buddy Hield $4,700 at Clippers: The Clippers have been giving up a lot of points to opposing guards lately, so this bodes well for the explosive Hield. The Kings are playing up in pace against a hanged up Clippers squad. Buddy is always a risk, but if he is hot he has potential to smash value and could be the key to glory.
- Jonathon Simmons $7,100 at Heat: Recency bias? Simmons let us all down the last time the Magic played, so this could lead to lower ownership on tonight'sslate. The recent injury to Vucevic makes me want to go back to the well with Simmons. He is still a talented player that will be locked into huge minutes and he will likely see a usage increase. If Fournier and Gordon are out again tonight, I may lock and load Simmons in all lineups.
- Josh Richardson $6,800 vs. Magic: Another one of my top recency bias plays of the night! This is a great spot playing way up in pace against the Magic. The Heat are set to be without Dion Waiters and James Johnson so this is an excellent spot for Richardson to bounce back with the extra usage he will absorb.
- Pau Gasol $6,400 vs. Nets: Pau's season debut on Easy Money with Esmond! His brother Marc, is also in an elite match up but I prefer Pau on tonight's slate. He is priced very fairly and has played really well lately. Other than Aldridge, he is just about the only other Spur that I trust to get big minutes from Pop. Great spot in tournaments playing up in pace against the Nets.
- Serge Ibaka $5,800 at Mavericks: It is no secret this season, the Mavs struggle to defend opposing big men. Ibaka is having a great season so far and I look for his success to continue tonight. He is the only Raptors big man that I trust to get big minutes, so he is my favorite Raptor big man to roster tonight.
- Nikola Jokic $7,900 vs. Jazz: I will continue to buy low on Jokic! The match up tonight with the Jazz will not stray me away from rostering the talented center with massive upside. Without Gobert, the Jazz play at a faster pace and none of their big men scare me defensively.
- Myles Turner $6,700 at Pistons: Turner is always a great play for tournaments because of his upside. Tonight, he gets an elite match up with Andre Drummond. The last time these two teams played Turner had his way with Drummond, so look for his success against Drummond and the Pistons to continue tonight.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350