Easy Money With Esmond
Results from Wednesday, December 13th:
- Kyle Lowry $8,300: 28 points
- Eric Bledsoe $6,800: 32.25 points
- James Harden $11,600: 42 points
- Jeremy Lamb $5,400: 9.75 points
- Paul George $7,700: 27 points
- Jonathon Simmons $6,400: 41 points
- Giannis Antetokounmpo $11,300: 60.75 points
- Carmelo Anthony $6,500: 24.75 points
- DeMarcus Cousins $11,000: 52.75 points
- DeAndre Jordan $7,300: 54.50 points
Top Plays for Thursday, December 14th:
- Spencer Dinwiddie $6,700 vs. Knicks: Dinwiddie has done a great job as the new starting point guard for the Nets. His play as been consistent and he has been a solid point guard to roster. He is in a great spot against the Knicks because they struggle to defend the point guard position. Dinwiddie has shown his upside before and this is a great spot for him tonight.
- Yogi Ferrell $4,600 at Warriors: The injury to rookie, Dennis Smith Jr. has opened up opportunity for Yogi and he has stepped up. The Mavs are in a great spot playing way up in pace against the Warriors. Fellow back court teammate, JJ Barea should be another popular choice tonight, but I prefer the pivot to Yogi because his price provides more room for upside.
- Caris LeVert $5,400 vs. Knicks: LeVert is one of my favorite players to watch on the Nets and he is finally getting the minutes he deserves. As mentioned with Dinwiddie, you can attack the Knicks at the guard position and LeVert has been filling up the stat sheet with the athletic versatility of his game. He is a great tournament play tonight.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic $3,900 at Timberwolves: Bogdan is my favorite value play on tonight's 5-game slate. He has been largely overlooked this season, but he has provided some scoring punch for the Kings off the bench and has performed well when asked to spot-start in certain games. The minutes are there for him and this match up with the Timberwolves is a tasty one. Minnesota doesn't play much defense and the Kings will be playing up in pace. Bogdan is a great value play if you want to fit multiple studs in your lineup tonight.
- Harrison Barnes $6,700 at Warriors: Revenge game? Last last night, I'm not sure if I want to go back to the well on the revenge game narrative, but this is DFS crazy things happen! Narrative aside, Barnes is in a great spot playing way up in pace against his former squad. Barnes is usually a staple in cash games, but on this slate he has upside for tournaments.
- Brandon Ingram $6,500 at Cavs: Recency bias! One of my favorite plays on this slate because everyone watched him struggle in their previous game against the Knicks. Ownership should be down and I look for him to bounce back in another nationally televised game against the Cavs tonight. Ingram's minutes and usage are there he simply needs to make his shots. The Cavs struggle to defend opposing small forwards, Ingram is an elite play on this slate for me.
- Kristaps Porzingis $9,600 at Nets: In the Knicks previous game against the Lakers, Porzingis got to show everyone on national television that he is the real deal. He showed that he can score from anywhere on the court and even showed off his defensive prowess with 5 blocks. The Knicks get an elite match up with the Brooklyn Nets playing way up in pace. The Nets also struggle to defend opposing big men, this is another juicy spot for the Unicorn.
- Julius Randle $5,100 at Cavs: Randle is very talented on the offensive-end of the floor, but coach Walton doesn't seem to ever want to unleash him and give him legit minutes. Over the last few Laker games, Randle seems to be getting closer to 30 minutes of action and that makes him a very interesting play for me on this slate. He should abuse the Cavs defenders and will be one of the reasons the Lakers can keep this game close. I like Randle in a great spot against the Cavs.
- Karl-Anthony Towns $9,100 vs. Kings: Towns has shaken off his early-season struggles and has looked like the all star we have all seen before. Look for his great play to continue against the lowly Kings. Even though the Timberwolves will be playing down in pace, the Kings struggle to defend opposing centers. Towns should have his way on the offensive end of the floor tonight, the Kings just need to try and keep this game close so Towns can get his usual minutes.
- Kevin Love $7,900 vs. Lakers: The Los Angeles Lakers give up the most fantasy points to opposing centers, so Love should be able to feast tonight. The Cavs will be playing way up in pace and this season the Cavs have been playing down to their competition and have let opponents stay close. If that trend continues, look for Love to play his usual minutes and smash against the Lakers.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350