EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Tuesday, December 12th:
- Ben Simmons $9,800: 21.25 points
- Jarret Jack $4,500: 24.50 points
- Jimmy Butler $8,000: 53 points
- Avery Bradley $5,200: 7.25 points
- LeBron James $11,800: 64.75 points
- Wilson Chandler $4,400: 25 points
- Kristaps Porzingis $8,500: 66.75 points
- TJ Warren $6,900: 27.75 points
- LaMarcus Aldridge $8,300: 42.25 points
- Marcin Gortat $5,200: 20.25
Top Plays for Wednesday, December 13th:
- Kyle Lowry $8,300 at Suns: Lowry is in an elite spot against the Phoenix Suns tonight. The Suns struggle to defend opposing point guard's and Mike James and Tyler Ulis do not match up with the physicality of Lowry's game. Lowry has been good lately and is in a great spot playing up in pace against a struggling Suns team without their star, Devin Booker.
- Eric Bledsoe $6,800 at Pelicans: Bledsoe is a sneaky good play on this slate. I feel like since he got traded to the Bucks he's been slightly over looked. His price is fair and the Pelicans struggle to defend opposing guards. Bledsoe will be a core player if I want to build a balanced lineup for tonight's slate.
- James Harden $11,600 vs. Hornets: James Harden has had an MVP-caliber season so far and his great play should continue tonight in an uptempo match up with the Hornets. Batum should be out, so that means the likes of MKG or Lamb will have to try and contain the Beard. This game currently has the highest over/under of the slate at 221 (was at 220 when I checked early this morning, would not be surprised to see this number increase throughout the day) so we will want exposure to the late game hammer.
- Jeremy Lamb $4,500 at Rockets: One of my favorite value plays on this slate because of price and recency bias. The Hornets are beat up and Batum is expected to miss tonight's contest with Houston. Lamb got the minutes in their previous game but failed to produce. If the Hornets want a chance at keeping it close against the Rockets, Lamb will need to step up and provide some scoring.
- Paul George $7,700 at Pacers: PG is going to be chalk tonight as he makes his return to Indiana. He is under priced and will be as motivated as ever to show out tonight. Oladipo is the best perimeter defender on the Pacers, but he will have his hands full trying to decide who he needs to lock up, Russell Westbrook or Paul George. George looks healthy again and the shots are there, he will smash value if he gets hot tonight.
- Jonathon Simmons $6,400 vs. Clippers: If you want to pivot off of PG and save some money at small forward Simmons is a great play. The Magic have been hit with the injury-bug and they are desperate for healthy, adequate players. Simmons has been playing huge minutes and has also been filling up the stat sheet lately, providing more than just scoring.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo $11,300 at Pelicans: The Greek Freak is going to be worth paying up for on tonight's slate. He has fallen under the radar lately, but his play and production has been rather consistent. The Bucks will be playing way up in pace against the Pelicans. The Pelicans just played in a shoot out against Houston in their previous game so we know the pace of this game should be ideal for Giannis and the Bucks to produce for us tonight. The Pelicans also have no answer for Giannis on the defensive end, elite spot for the Greek Freak tonight.
- Carmelo Anthony $6,500 at Pacers: I know, Melo hasn't been great in both actual basketball and fantasy this season, but this is such a discounted price for him. His price provides room for upside if Melo gets hot. The Thunder will be playing up in pace so the extra possessions could mean extra usage for him. The Pacers struggle to defend opposing power forwards, so I think Melo is a sneaky pivot off of chalk-Paul George on this slate.
- DeMarcus Cousins $11,000 vs. Bucks: Cousins is in an elite spot going up against Bucks big's tonight. The Bucks struggle to defend opposing centers and if Anthony Davis is to miss tonight'sgame, Cousins becomes the top play on this slate. He will soak up all the usage and should dominate inside in the paint. Cousins also struggled a bit in the Pelicans previous match up with Houston so he should be extra motivated to bounce back in a big way at home tonight.
- DeAndre Jordan $7,300 at Magic: Jordan has been a pretty consistent cash game play for most of this season, however tonight I think he has the upside we need for tournaments. He gets a great match up against the Orlando Magic and the Clippers will be playing way up in pace. Jordan is the best big man left on the Clippers so he will need to play huge minutes to try and contain the red-hot Nikola Vucevic. Milos Teodosic's return from injury will also help Jordan get some easy dunks/layups at the rim.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350