EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Monday, December 11th:
- Damian Lillard $9,200: 53.50 points
- Kemba Walker $7,700: 35.75 points
- Lou Williams $7,600: 33.25 points
- Jrue Holiday $6,600: 60.50 points
- Kevin Durant $10,900: 51.75 points
- Justin Holiday $5,100: 24.25 points
- Serge Ibaka $5,600: 32.50 points
- Al-Farouq Aminu $4,600: 13.25 points
- Marc Gasol $7,800: 28.50 points
- Clint Capela $6,500: 47.50 points
Top Plays for Tuesday, December 12th:
- Ben Simmons $9,800 at Timberwolves: Simmons has been consistent lately and I look for his success to continue in a juicy match up against Minnesota. I will continue to buy low on Simmons because he should be priced at over the $10k mark. Simmons tends to play better with Embiid on the court, so if Embiid is active I love me some Simmons. Even if Embiid is out, Simmons is a great play because of the match up. I expect Jimmy Butler to try and guard Simmons most of this game, but that will not deter me from using the talented rookie.
- Jarrett Jack $4,500 vs. Lakers: I despise point guard so much on this slate that I had to write about Jarrett Jack! All jokes aside, Jack is a great value play if you want to spend down at point guard tonight. The Knicks get a great match up with the Lakers, playing way up in pace. The Lakers struggle to play defense and Jack has been locked into starter's minutes. For this price he is a strong play in all formats.
- Jimmy Butler $8,000 vs. Sixers: Butler gets a great match up playing way up in pace against Sixers guards. The Sixers have struggled to defend the guard position all year and Butler's recent success should continue at home. Coach Thibs loves to play his start big minutes and the Timberwolves will need Butler to lock down Ben Simmons on the defensive end. Fair price for Butler and the upside is there for tournaments.
- Avery Bradley $5,200 vs. Nuggets: I don't understand why Avery Bradley is so severely under priced. Bradley is a must play in cash games and a great tournament play because of the upside potential at this price. The Pistons are playing up in pace against the Denver Nuggets. The Nuggets also struggle to defend opposing guards so in an uptempo game, where Bradley is locked into huge minutes I expect him to smash value tonight.
- LeBron James $11,800 vs. Hawks: You don't need me to tell you that LeBron is a great play virtually every night. The King will look to continue his MVP-caliber season as his Cavs take on the Hawks at home. It is always tough to predict when LeBron will come out motivated, but James Harden just put on a show last night. LeBron knows the MVP race is between himself and Harden right now, so look for the King to come out motivated tonight.
- Wilson Chandler $4,400 at Pistons: Chandler has been a fantasy-disappointment so far this season, but lately he has been playing better and produced fantasy-points. This price tag offers so much room for upside and Chandler has been playing big minutes for the Nuggets lately. The Pistons are a tough team to attack, but you can attack them at small forward.
- Kristaps Porzingis $8,500 vs. Lakers: Porzingis seems to be fully healed from his recent injury and finds himself in a tasty match up against the Lakers tonight at Madison Square Garden. The Knicks will be playing way up in pace and the Lakers will have no answer for Porzingis on the defensive end. This game also has one of the highest over/unders of the slate at 213 so we will want exposure to players in this game.
- TJ Warren $6,900 at Kings: With Devin Booker out with injury, TJ Warren remains the only offensive threat for the Suns. Since the Booker injury, Warren has been playing huge minutes and has had a high-floor. We have yet to see the upside he flashed while play alongside Booker, but he is due. In DFS I want to roster players with opportunity, as much as I don't like to roster Suns players I know Warren is a lock for big minutes and usage against a very bad Kings team.
- LaMarcus Aldridge $8,300 at Mavericks: The expected-return of super star Kawhi Leonard is a good reason to overlook Aldridge on tonight's slate. I don't expect Leonard to play big minutes in his first game back, Pop likes to be cautious especially with the team's franchise player. This is probably the last night to roster Aldridge and feel good about his usage. He also gets a great match up with Dallas because they struggle to defend the center position. Aldridge is a great tournament play because he should get overlooked and the Leonard return should drive ownership down.
- Marcin Gortat $5,200 at Nets: I know, Gortat has let us all down recently but this match up and his discounted price is too difficult to pass up. Not to mention the fact that backup center, Ian Mahinmi is now listed as questionable for tonight's contest with the Nets. If Mahinmi gets ruled out prior to lock Gortat becomes a very interesting play for me because of the great, up in pace match up against the Nets. Newly acquired center, Jahlil Okafor is supposed to make his Nets debut tonight so the Wizards will need a big body on the court to match up.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350