EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Friday, December 8th:
- Elfrid Payton $6,600: 22.50 points
- Kris Dunn $5,800: 52.50 points
- Victor Oladipo $8,900: 54 points
- DeMar DeRozan $7,800: 43.75 points
- Kevin Durant $10,700: 73 points
- Jonathon Simmons $5,600: 26.50 points
- Rudy Gay $5,200: 28 points
- Tobias Harris $6,300: 23.25 points
- Marvin Williams $3,900: 34.75 points
- DeMarcus Cousins $11,800: 63.25 points
- Zach Randolph $5,900: 58.75 points
Top Plays for Monday, December 11th:
- Damian Lillard $9,200 at Warriors: Dame has been playing great basketball as of late! Lillard is making his return to his hometown of Oakland, California. He should have many friends, family and fans in the stands tonight. Dame also performs pretty well at Oracle, so I expect him to come out extra motivated again tonightagainst the Curry-less Warriors. This is a great spot for Lillard, playing way up in pace at Golden State.
- Kemba Walker $7,700 at Thunder: The Hornets are getting hit with the injury-bug right now and it seems like Kemba and Dwight will be the only two reliable offense threats available for tonight's game with the Thunder. Kemba's recent performance may drive ownership down and this is a great spot to bounce back. I like to attack Russell Westbrook defense and the Hornets will need Kemba to have a big game to keep up with the Thunder.
- Lou Williams $7,600 vs. Raptors: The Toronto Raptors are a great defensive team, however if there is a position I want to attack it is at the shooting guard spot to attack DeMar's defense. Lou Will has been great coming off the bench for the Clippers because he soaks up all the usage and he has shown us his upside this season. He is a great tournament play in tonight's slate.
- Jrue Holiday $6,600 at Rockets: Holiday is coming off a monster performance and I expect his success to continue tonight against the Rockets. This will be an uptempo, high-scoring contest and we will want some exposure to this game. The arrival of Rondo has helped Holiday focus on his scoring and it has shown this season. Look for Jrue to stay hot against the Rockets in this up and down game.
- Kevin Durant $10,900 vs. Blazers: Kevin Durant has been playing at an elite-level since Curry has been injured. Even though the Blazers defend opposing forwards pretty well, KD is match up proof. Durant has a usage rate at over 30% without Curry and he has been getting blocks for us this season. Durant's improved play on the defensive end has made him an elite fantasy play this season.
- Justin Holiday $5,100 vs. Celtics: It must be Holiday season because both Holiday's are on my article today. Justin had a tough outing in the Bulls last game, so he is a great play alone just going off of recency bias. I am also a fan of Justin because of his discounted price. He is a starter locked into huge minutes, the reason why his numbers were down in their previous game was because Nwaba was playing well. I am fan of buying low on Holiday in a match up against the banged up Boston Celtics.
- Serge Ibaka $5,600 at Clippers: Ibaka has been surprisingly consistent this season and is a bit too cheap for me tonight. The Clippers don't defend the power forward position well and Ibaka seems to have come alive on the defensive end recently. Look for Ibaka's solid play to continue against the Clippers tonight.
- Al-Farouq Aminu $4,600 at Warriors: The Chief is a great play tonight and he is someone who doesn't have to score a lot to produce fantasy points for our lineups. Aminu will have his hands full in a tough match up against Durant, but I expect him to log his usual 30+ minutes. This price provides room for upside in an up in pace match up against the Warriors.
- Marc Gasol $7,800 vs. Heat: I like Gasol for tournaments tonight because I think this game will get overlooked because of the projected pace. Gasol and Tyreke Evans provide the only real offensive threats for Memphis so I expect them both to continue to keep shooting tonight. The Heat guards are tough to attack, but without Whiteside there is no big man that scares me defensively. The Heat will have no answer for Gasol and his price tag gives him plenty of upside for tournaments.
- Clint Capela $6,500 vs. Pelicans: I am building all my lineups around Clint Capela tonight. Capela's recent sub-par performances have been due to blowouts or tough match ups. Tonight against the Pelicans and Cousins is an elite spot for Clint. The Pelicans struggle to defend opposing centers and the Rockets will need big minutes from Capela to try and stop the great front-line of the Pelicans. Elite bounce-back spot for Capela at a discounted price.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350