EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Thursday, November 30th:
- Ben Simmons $9,300: 40.50 points
- Kris Dunn $6,000: 34.75 points
- Lou Williams $7,300: 34.50 points
- Marcus Smart $5,200: 19 points
- Will Barton $6,500: 51.50 points
- Taurean Prince $4,800: 20.50 points
- Lauri Markkanen $6,400: 33.25 points
- Dario Saric $4,900: 38.50 points
- Al Horford $6,800: 42.50 points
- Derrick Favors $6,600: 35.50 points
Top Plays for Friday, December 1st:
- Russell Westbrook $11,400: After the Thunder's recent loss to the Orlando Magic you could sense the frustration growing with the team. Westbrook looked absolutely dejected post-game and I will look for him to come out playing extra hard at home against the Timberwolves tonight. Hopefully Jeff Teague plays so Westbrook can destroy him, but even if he sits little Tyus Jones will not be able to contain Russ. Great spot for Westbrook to have a big night and lead the Thunder to a much-needed victory tonight. He's starting to look more and more like the Westbrook we all loved to roster last season.
- Kyle Lowry $8,100: If you don't want to spend up for Westbrook, Lowry is my next favorite play at point guard on this slate. His play has been fantastic lately and he gets a home game playing up in pace against the Indiana Pacers. Collison and the Pacers struggle to defend the point guard position so I expect another great outing by Lowry tonight against the Pacers.
- Victor Oladipo $8,000: I got the pleasure of watching my Houston Rockets play the Indiana Pacers live on Wednesday night. Victor Oladipo looked great and he does not seem to be hampered by any sort of injury. He was getting steals at ease and is the leader of this team. Myles Turner might not play tonight, so Oladipo will get all the usage in the world if he were to sit. Elite spot for Oladipo against a Raptor team that struggles to defend the shooting guard position.
- Alec Burks $3,600: Burks was an easy pick for the article today. Once Neto and Hood got ruled out yesterday I went all in with Burks and they should both be out again tonight. Since the Jazz played the late game, the prices were already released for tonight's slate so his price stayed the same. He has shown his upside if he is hitting shots, so go ahead and put him in your lineups and move on. This match up is another great one for Burks going up against the Pelicans, playing way up in pace.
- Tyreke Evans $6,800: With the Grizzles injuries to Conley and Parsons, Evans has had to step up his game lately. If Chalmers is out again tonight against the Spurs Evans is in another great spot to smash. Evans isn't afraid to shoot the ball and I expect ownership to low because I can see a lot of people fading this Spurs/Grizzles rematch because of pace. We need to differentiate our lineups and he offers room for upside at this price.
- Jonathon Simmons $5,100: Simmons started off the year on a high-note coming off the bench. Since he moved into the starting lineup, his production has been okay, largely because Elfrid Payton made his return and has taken most of Simmons' usage away. With the recent Terrance Ross injury and the up-tempo match up against the Warriors, I look for Simmons to bounce back in a big way tonight. Ownership might be down because of recency bias and most will look to roster Aaron Afflalo.
- LaMarcus Aldridge $8,500: Aldridge dropped 41 actual points against the Grizzles the last time these teams met and I look for his recent success to continue. Aldridge has been great for Spurs and has kept them in the race for the top seed in the West without Leonard. As I mentioned earlier with Tyreke Evans, this game will most likely get overlooked and he will be low owned. I don't understand how his price is still not above $9k, Aldridge is a very safe play with upside on tonight's slate.
- Kelly Olynyk $4,400: Hassan Whiteside will be out for a few weeks so this will open up more playing time for the Heat reserve big men. This is a great spot for Olynyk playing up in pace against the Hornets and they struggle to guard big men, especially ones that stretch the floor. Rostering Kelly is a great pivot off of Bam because he has a much higher ceiling than Bam with his ability to knock down the three-ball.
- Anthony Davis $10,400: The Tinman himself! Got ejected for the first-time in his career in their previous game and I am hoping that it will drive his ownership down a little. Without Rudy Gobert, I like to attack Jazz big men. Derrick Favors will have his hands full trying to guard Cousins and Davis so this is a great spot for them both. If Davis can make it through a game without getting injured or ejected he has tremendous upside and should be priced near the $11k mark. High risk play tonight, but I like this spot because of recency bias.
- Nikola Vucevic $7,200: The Magic/Warriors projected over/under is 227.5 right now. Vegas expects this game to be high-scoring so we will want exposure to this game. The Warriors have struggled to guard big men all year because Draymond hasn't exactly been at his best on the defensive end. I expect Green to be busy with Aaron Gordon so Vucevic should be able to feast against the other center's on the Warriors roster.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350