Easy Money With Esmond
Results from 11/07/2017 picks:
- D'Angelo Russell $7,900: 24 points
- Mike Conley $7,100: 34.50 points
- Victor Oladipo $8.000: 25.50 points
- Jeremy Lamb $5,900: 27.25 points
- Giannis Antetokounpo $10,800: 59.75 points
- Robert Covington $5,300: 34.50 points
- Blake Griffin $8,600: 35.75 points
- Kevin Love $7,500: 63 points
- Enes Kanter $6,300: 28 points
- Nikola Jokic $8,500: 74.50 points
- Rudy Gobert $7,900: 46.75 points
Top Plays for Tonight . . .
- Stephen Curry $9,300: With Durant out Curry is an elite play going up against Teague defense. Teague defense has been a joy to attack all year. This game is projected to have a ton of scoring and Curry has yet to have his break out game this season. Could tonight be the night? It is an ideal spot for a Chef Curry to come out tonight.
- Kyrie Irving $8,800: The Celtics have a home game, playing way up in pace against the Lakers. Kyrie came through for us his last game against Atlanta and his price stayed the same. Lonzo Ball defense is also something I love to attack and with Horford now listed as out this will lead to more assists for Kyrie. I'm not usually the biggest fan of narratives, but Lavar had some stuff to say about Kyrie and his mother. So I will leave this article here and leave it up to you, but I am firing up some Kyrie tonight with or without the article!
- Frank Ntilikina $3,800: This talented lottery pick has seen his minutes increase since his return from an ankle injury. I love Frank as a value play tonight for a few reasons. The Knicks are playing up in pace against the Magic, doesn't matter to me if Elfrid plays or not I love to attack the Magic. This is the second game of a back to back and they have to travel from New York for this battle in Orlando. Jack is so old and we have seen his minutes decrease each game. Look for the Knicks to finally get their heads together and unleash their talented rookie.
- Devin Booker $8,000: This is a bold pick today because I am sure most are expecting Victor Oladipo to be on this list because of recency bias. I am still staying away from Oladipo tonight because he should see a lot of Avery Bradley and he is not someone I like to attack. Booker himself has put up back to back duds so I expect him to rather low owned as most pivot to Oladipo or spend down at shooting guard. Waiters coming back is a plus for Booker because I am way more cautious of Tyler Johnson or Josh Richardson defense than I am of Waiters. On any given night, Booker has the ability to score 50 actual points. Booker is a solid tournament play tonight.
- Dion Waiters $5,700: We flip to the other side of the Suns/Heat game to Waiters. He has sat because of the birth of his new child and I expect him to come out shooting. His absence probably helped his bum ankle get some much-needed rest so he should receive his full minutes tonight in an up in pace match up with the Suns. I can easily see this game turning into a shoot out tonight.
- Andrew Wiggins $6,500: The Warriors have been killing us lately because they have been blowing all their opponents out. Wiggins is in a great spot for me because he is essentially "blowout proof." He has yet to see less than 30 minutes in a single game this year and the Timberwolves have been a part of several blowouts already. This is the cheapest he has been in a long time and I see tremendous upside at this price especially not having to go up against Durant's sneaky good defense.
- Lance Stephenson $3,300: Lance has quietly been having a productive season coming off the bench for the Pacers. He's the play maker for their second unit and has been performing lately. He is another one of my favorite value guys on this slate because his fantasy production comes from more than just his scoring. Similar to Draymond, scoring is a bonus for Stephenson his true value is off of assists. rebounds, steals and blocks. With Sabonis ruled out, look for Lance to see solid minutes of the bench. Great value play tonight.
- Marcus Morris $4,000: Morris sat out the Celtics game last night because they are being careful with him coming off a recent knee injury. This is a great spot for Morris because he should be overlooked by many. His minutes have increased since he has returned from injury and he should see a minutes bump with Horford out. As minutes continue to rise, so should his price. Feel free to lock him into your lineups while his price tag still has room for upside.
- Jared Dudley $3,000: With Tyson Chandler expected to miss tonight's contest there have already been reports that Len will start and Dudley will receive more minutes. Even if Chandler plays Dudley should get around 20 minutes and for a guy at the minimum that has the ability to shoot the three ball he is in play for me tonight. Most should pivot to Len, but I'm not a fan of his $4,800 price tag. Dudley should get overlooked tonight and gives you the cap relief to fit in the stars.
- Andre Drummond $8,400: Center is loaded tonight, but Drummond is one of my top plays because he's playing up in pace against a Pacers team that struggles guarding big men. Sabonis is already ruled out for tonight, so the Pacers will rely heavily on Myles Turner. Last night Turner finally received his usual minutes at Center, but he should have his hands full with Drummond on the second game of a back to back coming off a concussion. Elite spot for the consistent Andre Drummond.
- Brook Lopez $6,100: I love to attack Boston bigs and now that Lopez doesn't have to worry about chasing Horford around the three point line all night this is an elite spot for Brook. He has been shooting it well from three and has benefited from the usage bump with the Nance injury. Lots of upside at this price and he is one of the few Lakers locked into huge minutes.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350