EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Top DK Tournament Plays:
- Kyrie Irving $8,800: Although this is the highest Kyrie has been priced on DK all season, it won't deter me from using him. If anything, the high price tag will lead to lower ownership. Add the fact that he was outplayed by Rozier and Smart against the Magic, I expect Kyire to be overlooked in tonight's slate. I love recency bias and what I love even more than recency bias is attacking Dennis Schroder defense. Schroder is currently listed as probable for tonight's game. Kyrie is a bold, contrarian move for tonight's slate.
- D'Angelo Russell $8,200: You don't need me to tell you that Russell is in an elite spot tonight. This game showcases the teams that play at the fastest pace so points will be scored and little defense will be played. Russell has been playing great lately and the last time he faced off against the Suns he put up 47 DK points. He will be chalk tonight.
- Dennis Schroder $7,100: The Hawks/Celtics game currently has the lowest projected point total of the night, so a game stack of Kyrie and Dennis is definitely in play for me in terms of ownership levels. You typically don't like to attack Celtics guards, but you can attack Kyrie. I expect Irving and Schroder to play major minutes and lead their respective teams in usage tonight.
- Devin Booker $8,400: Even though Booker just put up a dud against the Spurs I still project his ownership to be sky high tonight because of what he did to the Nets the last time these teams played. It was the Russell/Booker show last time so expect much of the same in tonight's game. Elite spot for Booker!
- Wayne Ellington $3,300: He is my super-sneaky value play for tonight on DK. Waiters is currently in Miami for the birth of his new child. Although his status is not clear for tonight's game in Golden State, I lean towards him not playing. If, and only if, Waiters is to miss the game, I expect most to pivot to Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson or even Justise Winslow. That is why I recommend Ellington. He is a three-point marksman that will be overlooked tonight if Waiters were to miss the game. In addition, the Warriors have been blowing their opponents out lately so he could get some extra run if the game turns into a blow out.
- T.J. Warren $5,700: This Suns/Nets game has such a juicy o/u that we will need exposure to this game. While most will flock to Russell/Booker I can see Warren getting slightly overlooked. In DFS people have short-term memory and before Warren went down with a head injury he was playing great basketball. Don't let the recent injury scare you away, in fact I love to target guys coming back from injury because most people have the "wait and see" approach so ownership should be fairly low. In their game yesterday against the Spurs Warren logged his usual 29 minutes, so he seems to be full recovered from his injury.
- Jayson Tatum $5,600: Tatum's usage has been trending up and his price on DK keeps trending down. The Hawks struggle defending every position so this is a great spot for Tatum. Differentiating our lineups will be tough in only a three game slate and since this game has the lowest projected total score this game will be overlooked. Tatum has been locked into heavy minutes and at this price there is still upside.
- Justise Winslow $3,900: As I mentioned earlier with Ellington, Winslow's usage should get a bump with Waiters out. In this m/u against the Warriors I can see Winslow getting more minutes in a small ball lineup to better match up with the Warriors. At this price, he doesn't need to do much to hit value. Great spot for Winslow tonight.
- Draymond Green $7,400: If you feel the need to play a Warrior tonight because of the high projected o/u Green would be my top play from their squad. Heat guards are tough to attack, but you can definitely attack their bigs. The Warriors will need Green to play big tonight so Whiteside doesn't have his way with them on the glass. To me, this price is too cheap for a guy that consistently fills up the stat sheet and is no scoring dependent. If only he got more shots!
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson $5,900: Trevor Booker (back) did not participate in morning shoot around and is listed as questionable for tonight's high scoring contest. If you want to be contrarian and completely fade Booker and Russell, RHJ is a great piece to have from this game. Even if Trevor were to somehow play tonight this game style fits RHJ's style of play perfectly.
- Al Horford $7,200: This is the 3rd Celtic I have recommended on my article for today and its with good reason. The Celtics are playing way up in pace against a team that struggles playing defense. Big Al could be in for a big game against his former team. He is a lock and load in cash for me and with this price has the upside for tournaments. Safe in all formats!
- Hassan Whiteside $7,000: If there is any weakness to the Warriors it is this inability to guard big men. This is also the lowest price Whiteside has been all year in DK. Look for Whiteside to come up big against the defending champs, elite spot for him tonight.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350