EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from Wednesday, November 29th:
- Chris Paul $8,100: 31 points
- Dennis Smith Jr. $5,600: 16 points
- Bradley Beal $8,100: 31.50 points
- Jimmy Butler $7,400: 30 points
- Paul George $8,600: 37.75 points
- Lance Stephenson $4,300: 24.50 points
- Tobias Harris $6,500: 31.25 points
- Thad Young $5,600: 30.50 points
- Enes Kanter $5,800: 44 points
- Steven Adams $5,500: 20 points
Top Plays for Thursday, November 30th:
- Ben Simmons $9,300: Joel Embiid is supposedly sitting tonight's game out for rest, so it will be up to Ben Simmons to lead the charge against the Boston Celtics. Attacking Boston at the guard position is tough because of all their length and athleticism on the perimeter, but Simmons is essentially match up proof at this point in the season. He fills up the stat sheet with ease and he should be priced closer to $10k. Maybe the tough match up with Boston drives his ownership down lower than usual, but he is in a great spot tonight.
- Kris Dunn $6,000: Since being trusted as the starting point guard over Grant, Dunn has been great. He plays better defense and has been running the show for the Bulls offense. He gets a tasty match up with the Nuggets, who struggle mightily to defend the guard position. The Bulls will also be playing up in pace and Dunn has shown flashes of his upside this season.
- Lou Williams $7,300: With all the current injuries to the Clippers I want to take a wait & see approach before I fire up any of their bums. I know that without Blake Griffin, the two players that will take all the shots will be Lou Williams and Austin Rivers. Rivers isn't a bad play on this slate and is relatively safe, but I prefer Lou because of his ability to create for others. The offense will need to run through Sweet Lou, so I expect him to fill up the stat sheet and take all the shots he wants.
- Marcus Smart $5,200: Marcus Smart has slowly become the forgotten man in Boston. He is a very sneaky play for me tonight because the match up against Philly guards is ideal. the Celtics will be playing way up in pace and this provides room for upside. Since Smart comes off the bench, his ownership should be low. Smart is also locked into huge minutes and is a stat sheet stuffer.
- Will Barton $6,500: Wilson Chandler will be out for tonight's game so expect a heavy dose of Will Barton for the Nuggets tonight against the Bulls. Barton failed to come through for us the last time the Nuggets played, so recency bias is a big reason I want to play Barton today. He is the ideal tournament play with tremendous upside. The Bulls also struggle to defend the small forward position, so I think Barton is a strong tournament play.
- Taurean Prince $4,800: As I was doing my research for this slate, I initially saw the price for Kent Bazemore and wanted to lock him into my lineups at his price. Then I moved on to the small forward position and got a look at Prince's price and knew I had to lock him in. Of all the teams on tonight's slate, the Cavs give up the most fantasy points to small forwards. We love to attack the Cavs and Prince should play major minutes trying to defend LeBron. Elite spot for Prince tonight.
- Lauri Markkanen $6,400: Markkanen has been frustrating to roster recently. His price is falling and his three point shot isn't. However, with the injury to Paul Millsap, the Nuggets have no one that scares me with their play on the defensive end. This will be an up and down, up-tempo game and what I love most about Markkanen is the fact that he isn't afraid to keep shooting. The best way for shooters to break out of a slump is to continue putting good shots up. Markkanen should get overlooked on this slate, I like him in tournaments tonight.
- Dario Saric $4,900: As I mentioned earlier with Simmons, Boston is a tough team to attack. If you can attack them at any position it is against their big men. If Embiid is out, Saric will be asked to play more of a traditional big man role and I prefer that against this Celtics team. Saric always gets overlooked, but he is locked into big minutes and fills up the stat sheet. He also can knock down the three ball and his usage will get a slight increase with Embiid out.
- Al Horford $6,800: Horford's price was another shock to me. He has been a great cash game play all season because of his high floor, but at this price against the Sixers he has room for upside in tournaments. The Celtics will be playing up in pace and the Sixers have struggled to defend the center position all season.
- Derrick Favors $6,600: Favors has stepped up with the absence of Rudy Gobert. He gets a juicy match up against the injury-ridden Clippers tonight in Los Angeles and I expect his good play to continue against DeAndre Jordan. Favors is really the only legit, true big man on the Utah roster so he should match minutes with Jordan so they have a big body to keep him off the glass. There is room for upside at this price and Favors has a high-floor, safe in all formats for me tonight.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350