Easy Money With Esmond
Results from 11/15/17 picks:
- Kemba Walker $7,400: 37.75 points
- Darren Collison $5,500: 45 points
- Tyreke Evans $6,600: 44.50 points
- Evan Fournier $6,400: 30.25 points
- Brandon Ingram $5,600: 48.75 points
- Buddy Hield $5,100: 17.50 points
- Kristaps Porzingis $8,900: 38.50 points
- Markieff Morris $4,700: 17.50 points
- Joel Embiid $8,600: 90.75 points
- Hassan Whiteside $8,000: 42.25 points
Top Plays for Tonight:
- Dennis Smith Jr. $6,000: With Ricky Rubio now officially ruled out for tonight's game against the Nets, Donovan Mitchell will be a popular play tonight. If you want pivot off Mitchell and save some money, Dennis Smith Jr. is one of my favorite plays on this slate. The Mavs are playing up in pace against the Timberwolves and Smith Jr. gets a match up one of our favorite point guards to attack in Jeff Teague. Minnesota as a team has been struggling to defend all season so Smith Jr. is a strong play tonight.
- Fred VanVleet $3,000: Delon Wright and Norman Powell are expected to miss tonight's home game against the Knicks so that means the Raptors will need to rely on the likes of VanVleet and CJ Miles off the bench to play major minutes and contribute. What I like most about VanVleet is his ability to produce fantasy points without having to score. He is a hustle player that will fill up the stat sheet. If he gets at least 20 minutes tonight he will smash value and allow you some cap relief to pay up for studs. Elite value play tonight against the Knicks.
- Austin Rivers $5,600: The Clippers get a favorable match up against a team we all love to attack, the Cleveland Cavaliers. Since Lou Will was so great in their last game he should be high-owned, but he is priced a bit too high for me. I prefer to pivot to Austin Rivers tonight, he is the coach's son and is locked into major minutes for the injury ridden Clippers. Rivers is never afraid to take shoots so if his shot is falling tonight, he will smash value.
- Jordan Clarkson $5,100: With the recent struggles of Lonzo Ball, Jordan Clarkson has been the primary beneficiary of those minutes. Clarkson has played well off the bench and the Lakers have even considered benching Lonzo. You will want exposure to this game because it features two teams that play at the fastest pace in the NBA right now. Clarkson's price provides for upside and no one likes to roster bench players.
- Devin Booker $7,800: Devin Booker and TJ Warren are really the only two Phoenix Suns that I trust will get major minutes. Booker failed to impress in a good match up against the Rockets on Thursday night and he's in an even better spot tonight against the Lakers. Recency bias leads me to believe that Booker can get slightly overlooked on this large slate. Booker is in an elite spot against the Lakers.
- Rodney Hood $5,400: In Utah's previous game against the Knicks, Hood was fantastic off the bench erupting for a season-high 30 points off the bench. He took 20 shots, going 6-of-12 from three. Now with Rubio out, Hood has an even juicier match up playing way up in pace against the Nets. Hood is another sneaky pivot off Mitchell if you want cheap exposure to this game.
- Blake Griffin $8,800: Blake hasn't exactly put up the numbers we expected with all the injuries on the Clippers. However, if there is a team you want to attack it is the Cleveland Cavaliers. This is a great spot for Griffin, playing up in pace against a team that struggles to play solid defense. Blake runs the show for the Clippers so even if he isn't scoring he can still get you rebounds and assists. Great spot for Griffin to bounce back in a big way tonight.
- Tobias Harris $6,400: Tobias has been a very solid cash game play lately. With his current price and match up against the Pacers, I see enough upside for tournaments. Indiana struggles to defend big men and Harris is as versatile as they come. The Pistons surprise start has come in large part to Harris' strong play. Fire him up in tournaments tonight against the Pacers.
- Karl-Anthony Towns $9,400: This is the highest-price Towns has been all season since the opener and its for good reason. He is in a tasty match up against the Mavs, who struggle to defend centers. Towns has also been playing very well lately and his DK points have been increasing in his last five games. KAT is an elite offensive talent and no one on the Mavs has a chance to guard him, unless they decide to finally play Nerlens, but we can table that conversation. KAT is safe in all formats.
- Nikola Jokic $8,100: When I looked at pricing for this slate I had to do a double-take when I saw the price on Jokic. He is too cheap for me and is in an elite spot against the Pelicans and their talented duo of Davis and Cousins. You can attack Davis and Cousins and this game has one of the highest projected over/unders of the night. The Nuggets are also playing up in pace and Jokic always has the opportunity for a triple-double.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350