EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from 11/10/17 picks:
- Kyrie Irving $8,400 - 0 points
- Malcolm Brogdon $5,500 - 22.75 points
- C.J. McCollum $7,400 - 31.25 points
- Lou Williams $5,200 - 49.75 points
- TJ Warren $6,300 - 21.25 points
- Denzel Valentine $4,300 - 14.75 points
- Blake Griffin $8,600 - 33.50 points
- Lauri Markkanen $6,400 - 37.50 points
- Rudy Gobert $8,000 - 32 points
- Yusuf Nurkic $6,800 - 28.75 points
Top Plays for Tonight:
- Ben Simmons $8,500: Simmons has a juicy match up tonight against the Patrick Beverley-less Clippers. The talented Rookie has put up some duds recently and his price continues to drop. Due to some recency bias I can see him getting overlooked on this slate. Much like Lonzo Ball, Simmons fills up the box score and if he scores any actual points that is a huge bonus. Great bounce back spot for Simmons tonight.
- Jrue Holiday $6,800: After his amazing performance against the Raptors putting up over 55 DK points, Jrue finally came back down to earth and let all the people that chased those points down. Jrue is in an elite spot tonight against the Atlanta Hawks and Schroder defense. This Hawks/Pelicans game is a sneaky game to stack because most will stack the two late games or the Cavs/Knicks match up.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. $6,200: To echo what Jeremy mentions in his article, THJ is in a great spot against the Cavs. His current price still provides for major upside and the Cavs struggle to defend anybody nowadays. Hardaway seems to have put his early season struggles behind him. Fire up THJ tonight in a potential high-scoring affair with the Cavs.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope $4,500: Somehow on DK KCP is priced $100 less than Jordan Clarkson. KCP is a great value play tonight in this uptempo match up with the Suns. KCP has already been playing major minutes and I expect that to continue tonight because he will be the primary defender on Devin Booker.
- Evan Fournier $6,400: Fournier has been more of a solid cash game play for me lately, but with this juicy match up with the Warriors he is a great play in DK tournaments. His price offers huge room for upside and he has been logging major minutes. Even with Elfrid Payton expected to play tonight, I expect Fournier to continue his role as the secondary play maker for this Magic team. If Curry misses this game, a blowout is less likely. Elite spot tonight!
- Kent Bazemore $5,000: As I mentioned earlier with Holiday, this Hawks/Pelicans game is a sneaky game to stack in tonight's slate. Bazemore is my top play from the Hawks because he is priced too low and both teams struggle to play any defense. I always feel confident rostering Baze because of his ability to get those highly coveted steals and blocks.
- Blake Griffin $8,700: My top recency bias play of the slate! With all the Clippers injuries lately Blake's usage is through the roof but his play has shown otherwise. The Sixers struggle to defend big men and have no answer on the defensive end for Griffin. The Clippers are also playing way up in pace, elite spot for Blake tonight.
- Derrick Favors $4,600: Favors is virtually a must-play with the Gobert injury and his discounted price. Add the fact that the Jazz are playing way up in pace against the Timberwolves and his tasty match up against Towns, Favors is an elite play in all formats tonight. If you use Favors try to correlate and stack him with one of the Jazz guards like Mitchell or Rubio.
- Marc Gasol $7,200: All I really need to say here is Bucks big and you know he's a great play on this slate. A lot of people will fade this game in tournaments because of the low projected over/under so I expect Gasol to be rather low owned, especially in single-entry tournaments. Gasol's also priced too cheap for me and I love using guys when we can get them at a bargain, elite spot for Gasol tonight.
- Yusuf Nurkic $7,100: Revenge game? Nurkic gets a home match up against the team that traded him in the middle of last season. His minutes have fell victim to the fact that Portland has been playing small, but against Jokic they will need to stay big to match up. Look for Nurkic to give a little extra effort against his former squad.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350