Easy Money With Esmond
Results from 11/09/17 picks:
- Kyle Lowry $7,000 - 37 points
- Jordan Clarkson $4,400 - 18 points
- Bradley Beal $7,800 - 36.75 points
- Buddy Hield $4,600 - 22 points
- Kyle Korver $3,500 - 6 points
- Carmelo Anthony $6,600 - 42.25 points
- PJ Tucker $3,700 - 24.75 points
- Kevin Love $7,400 - 32 points
- Julius Randle $4,800 - 23.75 points
- Marcin Gortat $5,600 - 14.25 points
- Jonas Valanciunas $4,900 - 28.25 points
Top Plays for Tonight
- Kyrie Irving $8,400: Kyrie let us all down in his last game against Lonzo and the Lakers, but that will not keep me from using him tonight. He's got a great match up going up against Kemba Walker defense in an up in pace game. Even with recent news that Horford has a chance to play that does not concern me because Kyrie still has a huge usage rate. If anything, Horford's return would help because it would space the floor and open up more driving lanes for Kyrie. His price also dropped since his last game, Kyrie is in a great spot at a discounted price.
- Malcolm Brogdon $5,500: You must think I am crazy for recommending Brogdon! He has now moved to the bench to make room for Bledsoe in the starting lineup. Brogdon is a skilled all around player so I believe he can coexist being on the floor at the same time as Bledsoe. In fact, I think Tony Snell is actually going to fall victim to Bledsoe eating into his minutes. I don't think Kidd can trust Bledsoe to play major minutes tonight so he will lean on his trusted young guard. I love to bargain shop and this is a discount for a guy that fills up the stat sheet. He will be overlooked tonight, so this will be a great move if you want to play the ownership game.
- C.J. McCollum $7,400: Vegas projects this game to be very high scoring and the Blazers are playing up in pace against the team that currently ranks number one in terms of pace of play. We can attack the Nets at virtually every position and this price provides upside for McCollum. Great tournament play tonight.
- Lou Williams $5,200: It has already been announced that Lou will be taking over Pat Bev's spot in the starting lineup tonight. That means Lou is in line for huge minutes, not to mention the fact that Austin Rivers has a 50/50 chance to play. Even if Rivers is in, Danilo Gallinari has already been ruled out so someone outside of Blake Griffin needs to step up.
- TJ Warren $6,300: This Suns/Magic game currently has the highest projected over/under of the night at 226.5, this line actually has moved up since I checked this morning. This pace will suit Warren's playing style and the only person on the Suns that can match up well with Aaron Gordon is Warren so I expect him to log huge minutes. Warren has played over 30 minutes in the Suns last two contests and Josh Jackson's minutes seem to be going away.
- Denzel Valentine $4,300: Since no one likes to roster bench players Valentine could get overlooked in this eight game slate. Although he is coming off the bench, he essentially plays starter minutes over Zipser. He thrives in uptempo games and the Bulls will be playing way up in pace against a Pacers team that doesn't defend very well. Solid value play if you want to fit in some studs.
- Blake Griffin $8,600: Playing the narrative game is tough but it worked last night with Carmelo. Blake is returning to play in the state where he grew up and played his college basketball. Expect Blake to come out playing harder than usual tonight in front of his friends and family. He is priced too low and is going to be a core player in my lineups tonight. With all the injuries on the Clippers he will be relied upon more than usual. Elite tournament play tonight.
- Lauri Markkanen $6,400: This lottery pick has surprised many with his great play lately. He is coming off a recent quadriceps injury and a lot of people don't like to roster plays coming off injury. The Bulls will be playing up in pace and the Pacers struggle to defend big men with range. This is a great pivot off of higher priced guys like Griffin and Aldridge.
- Rudy Gobert $8,000: Gobert gets a tasty match up against a banged up Whiteside tonight. I love to attack Whiteside and Gobert should feast playing up in pace against the Heat. This game could get faded by most because it has the lowest projected point total on the slate. Point totals usually don't deter me from using an elite center in a great match up.
- Yusuf Nurkic $6,800: This is one of my top play's of the slate. He is priced way too cheap in a juicy match up playing up in pace against the Nets. Recency bias is in play here as he put up a dud against the Grizzles, but I never like to attack Gasol. His play has looked way better as of late and it seems as though he is figuring out how to play with his new teammates. Elite play tonight.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350