EASY MONEY WITH ESMOND
Results from 10/31:
Lonzo Ball $7,000 - 29.50 points
Malcolm Brogdon $5,600 - 13.25 points
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope $4,800 - 25.50 points
Stanley Johnson $4,300 - 16 points
T.J. Warren $5,200 - 37.25 points
Bogdan Bogdanovic $4,300 - 14.50 points
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson $5,500 - 36.25 points
Willie Cauley-Stein $5,400 - 21.25 points
Andre Drummond $8,200 - 35.50 points
Steven Adams $5,800 - 33.75 points
Top DK Tournaments Plays:
- Kyle Lowry $7,700: Lowry is under priced for me. With a 216 o/u, this is a game I want exposure to. We love to attack Denver guards and Lowry has been locked into 30+ minutes a game. He also averages over 7 assists a game so if his three ball is falling he becomes extremely valuable.
- Jrue Holiday $7,100: This is one of my favorite games to target in tonight's slate. If you read Jeremy's article today he mentions how atrocious of a defender Jeff Teague is against opposing point guards. With the projected scoring in this game, Jrue is in an elite spot for tournaments. This is a very reasonable price and he has been locked into heavy minutes.
- Mike James $4,700: I was all over Mike James as soon as Bledsoe news was released. I became a huge fan over the summer while watching him play in Summer League. He was one of the oldest players playing and if you are unfamiliar with his story you should definitely look into it. His confidence is through the roof and his game speaks for itself. Jeremy made an interesting point that teams coming off a long road trip typically throw up a dud at home, so look for James to come out firing against Wall.
- Victor Oladipo $7,800: I'm a huge fan of recency bias and Oladipo failed to hit value yesterday. Most will be on Booker tonight after his great performance against the Nets so I can envision people overlooking Oladipo. The offense runs through him and the Cavs don't make defense a priority. The Cavs have had a rough start to the season so I have enjoyed attacking them at every position.
- Jimmy Butler $7,100: As I mentioned with Holiday, this game should be filled with scoring so we need to have pieces from this game. Butler has yet to put up a 50 burger this year and he is due. Yes I know Wiggins takes up most of the usage and Towns usually gets what is left over, but who on the Pelicans can guard Butler? He also isn't dependent on scoring and can rack up some boards, steals, and blocks for you.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. $5,400: His price finally rose, but not by much. In an uptempo game with the Rockets I will be plugging THJ into my lineups tonight. There is huge upside for Hardaway at this price and even if he puts up a stinker in one half, he can still hit value. Last game, he pretty much hit value in one quarter for us. The Rockets game should provide extra possessions for the Knicks and they will need his scoring to keep the game close.
- Jonathon Simmons $4,800: This former Spur has thrived for his new team. I wonder when the Magic will finally end up starting him over Ross because he is definitely playing more minutes. Even though the Magic will be playing down in pace against Memphis, at this price I am still confident in Simmons smashing value.
- James Ennis $3,900: Even if Conley and Gasol end up playing tonight, I think Ennis is a solid value play. Memphis is playing way up in pace against the Magic and Ennis has been logging solid minutes for the Grizzles. He's a very active player and get it done for you without scoring. If Conley and/or Gasol were to miss this game he is a great guy to lock and load into your lineups.
- Kevin Love $7,500: The Cavs are playing slightly up in pace against the Pacers and with Turner expected to miss tonight's game I like Love in his m/u with Thad Young and Sabonis. His shot has been money since they slid him back to the Power Forward position and I expect more of the same tonight.
- Domantas Sabonis $5,700: Looks like the haul for Paul George wasn't so bad for the Pacers. Oladipo and Sabonis have been performing well this season. As I mentioned with Oladipo, I love to attack Cleveland and his price still provides upside. Myles Turner has already been ruled out for this game so if you are looking to save at Power Forward go ahead and play Sabonis.
- Karl-Anthony Towns $9,000: Towns was getting over an illness in his last game and still managed to put up 47 DK points. The more important statistic from his previous game is the minutes he received, he played 39 minutes. With a few days to recover, he is in a great spot in this m/u between Kentucky Wildcat big men. Cousins and Davis sometimes fall asleep on the defensive end because they have to score all the points, so there will be opportunity for Towns to have a big night.
- Nikola Jokic $8,700: A triple double threat every night, I love him tonight especially with Valanciunas expected to play. He is another guy that can fall under the radar, but I can see him outscoring the likes of Cousins/Davis/Towns in terms of DK points. Jokic is a great contrarian play in an uptempo game against the Raptors.
- Dwight Howard $7.500: The Bucks are a great defensive team on the perimeter and most of us know that we should attack their big men. With Monroe sidelined, Howard should dominate Henson. Dwight has had a very productive season for the Hornets and is coming off a poor performance against Gasol and the Grizzles. With most of the stud big men in play tonight, Dwight is another under the radar pick that can come through for you in a large way.
Follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350