Easy Money With Esmond
Top DraftKings Tournament Plays for 10/27/2017
Results from yesterday's games:
Jerian Grant $5,500 - 29.50 points
Dennis Smith Jr. $5,400 - 30.25 points
C.J. McCollum $7,300 - 36.25 points
Kent Bazemore $5,200 - 33.75 points
Austin Rivers $4,400 - 21.25 points (injured in 4th quarter)
Justin Holiday $6,000 - 27 points
Evan Turner $5,000 - 14.50 points
Lauri Markkanen $5,900 - 32 points
Skal Labissiere $4,700 - 20.75 points
DeAndre Jordan $7,800 - 37 points
Al Horford $6,800 - 46.25 points
Over/Unders for Tonight:
Rockets @ Hornets - 212.5
Spurs @ Magic - 207.5
Nuggets @ Hawks - 208.5
Nets @ Knicks - 220
Thunder @ Timberwolves - 218.5
Wizards @ Warriors - 230
Raptors @ Lakers - 225
- John Wall $10,000: Wall let us down in his 'epic' match up with Lonzo the other night, but I still love me some Wall tonight. Going against Steph in the projected highest scoring game of the night this is perfect for Wall's game. I am not afraid of Curry defense and Klay will have his hands busy with Beal. Wall is an elite play tonight because his performance against Ball might scare people away from him.
- Jeff Teague $6,000: In a great spot tonight against Westbrook. With the return of Butler tonight it should open up for more assist opportunities for Teague. He is a tad under priced for me, so if you are looking to save at point guard tonight Teague is in a good spot. The wolves play their starters heavy minutes so he will have plenty of opportunities to produce for us.
- Delon Wright $3,900: If you really want to save at PG tonight feel free to use Wright. This game has the 2nd highest over/under of the night and I can see the Raptors blowing out the Lakers, thus leading to more playing time for Wright. It is always tough to predict game flow and with how wacky the NBA has been so far this season, even if the game stays close he should log major minutes. In their last game against the Warriors, he played 29 minutes. If I can find a player in a high-scoring game under $4,000 sign me up.
- Eric Gordon $6,900: I can't possibly recommend anyone to fade Eric Gordon with the way he has been playing lately. With CP3 out and starting next to James Harden, Gordon has produced great results. Yes, his price is rapidly rising but he is still cheaper than DeRozan, Beal, Butler and I can easily see Gordon outscoring them tonight. Not only is Gordon making his 3's he is also doing a great job putting the ball on the floor creating easy opportunities for his teammates. Defenses facing the Rockets have to put their best perimeter defender on Harden so this is an advantage for Gordon, fire him up in your lineups.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. $5,000: I know... he has arguably been the most frustrating player in DFS this year, but I believe he is too talented and has all the opportunity to turn this around. His price is low and he is playing the NETS, the NETS! After a disappointing blowout loss I look for Hardaway Jr. and Porzingis to bounce back. I expect ownership to be rather low because many have already given up on him.
- Paul George $7,700: PG was an absolute dream killer in his last outing against his former team. I'm okay with throwing that game out because he fouled out and I expect him to play much smarter tonight. Although it looks like Jimmy Butler will play tonight it doesn't worry me because the Wolves were having trouble playing defense when he was in the lineup. I expect ownership to be rather low due to recency bias and his price even dropped a few hundred. With this juicy over/under George is in a great spot tonight.
- Taurean Prince $5,800: I think Prince is in a great spot tonight. With Schroder out, most have been rostering Bazemore and making money. Gary Harris is a sneaky good defender and I think he will be able to frustrate Baze. To take down a tournament ownership is key and Prince shoulld be the forgotten man on the Hawks. He's still logging major minutes and can fill up the stat sheet. Prince is a sneaky, contrarian play tonight.
- Kristaps Porzingis $8,500: He is my top tournament play for tonight! Recency bias at its finest. Kristaps still played over 30 minutes against Boston in a blowout loss, so it is a great sign to show they are committed to him. I expect him to bounce back in a big way in this fast-paced game with the Nets. Going to have heavy exposure to Porzingis tonight in my lineups.
- Frank Kaminsky $5,100: Kaminsky is in a great spot tonight against the Rockets. Playing up in pace, Kaminsky has the ability to stretch the floor and should log major minutes because he should be matched up with Ryan Anderson (Frank will be able to rest on the defensive end). With Zeller already ruled out, at this price Frank is an elite play tonight.
- Nikola Jokic $8,400: Jokic has a chance to get a triple double every night. His price also keeps rapidly falling. He is too under priced, with too much upside to fade tonight. The Hawks are a great team for Jokic to break out against and I am not worried about their big men stopping Jokic.
- Clint Capela $6,500: Clint went to work in his last game against the Process. Look for his success to continue tonight against Dwight. Nene is already ruled out and there is a chance Tarik Black does not go tonight as well. Capela should play heavy minutes because the Rockets need a big body to box out and defend Dwight. With the amazing play of Eric Gordon lately, the loss of CP3 has not diminished Clint's opportunities for some easy dunk and ally opp finishes.
You can follow Esmond on Twitter @epab2350